9.14.2010

Bulletin Board Revamp

My hubby has this seriously old bulletin board.  When I say old, I mean, since high school old.  Maybe even middle school.  Who knows.  But he wanted to hang it up in his office/our guest room, so I decided it needed some TLC before it could go up on our walls.  So I gathered the necessary supplies: brushes, paint and a cool stencil.  



I painted the cork part a grey-ish purple (just used the leftover paint in the gallon from when we painted the office, and tinted it a little darker with the black), and trimmed it out in all black.  After everything was nice and dry, I painted in the stencil.  Here's the final result (well, almost final.  It's not on a wall yet.  In fact, the paint wasn't even dry here!):


Personally, I think it looks 100 times better.  Plain corkboards are just so...blah.  This one has pizazz!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I adore your comments, thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts with me! Don't forget - if you don't have your email address visible on your blogger profile, I won't be able to respond directly to you via email.

[Super-sweet reminder to family and friends: please refrain from mentioning the Hubby's name, school or our city. Thanks ;)]