1.30.2011

Lovey-dovey decor

Let it be known that I am not a fan of Valentine's Day.  Never really have been.  In fact, I've pretty much banned the hubby from buying me flowers on/around Valentine's Day (if he wants to go afterward, when all of the shops have them marked way down because no one was dumb enough to spend $65 on a dozen roses, that might be acceptable).  We probably won't even celebrate the "big day," as the evening before, we have an obligation at church, and the day of, the hubby has an exam, and another exam following....so medical school will win, and I will cook dinner, like it is any other day of the week. But that's okay.  Because I just really don't care for Valentine's Day.  Way too over Hallmarked for me (yes, just made that a verb).

However.

Ever since we took down our Christmas decorations, I have felt like our apartment has been...lacking.  Just kind of blah.  Bland.  Know what I mean?  

So, these past few nights while the hubby's been hitting the books, I've been crafting.  Which, I love to do.  I've even been toying with the idea of an Etsy shop.  But that's for another time.

Want to see the fun I've been having?

First up: "Lovey Dovey Subway Art."  Why is it called subway art?  I should really Google that before throwing it out here into bloggy world, acting like I know what I'm talking about.





This was free (yay!) to make.  Lots of fonts + sheet of paper + old frame + sandpaper to make old frame look somewhat cool, not just old and beat up = Subway Valentine's Art.

[Curiosity just won.  I Google'd.  Named that after likeness to New York City's graffiti in the subway.  That makes total sense].

Next up: "Paper and Felt Lovey Dovey Art" 




Super easy, because that's my crafty style.  Popped the glass out of the frame, and again hit the frame with sandpaper.  Cut out some hearts out of newsprint, glued them on and added the felt rolled rosette flowers at the bottom.  Never mess with a girl with a glue gun.

Finally - my favorite - "The Lovey Dovey Wreath" (aka The Ruffled Felt Heart Wreath).


 


Ahh!  I love this.  Seriously.  L-O-V-E it.  It might be my favorite thing I've ever made.  Ever.  I smile every time I see it.  Thinking of posting a little tutorial on how to make this adorable wreath, because I think every house should be graced with one.  I made it on the cheap (about $7.50) and it take shorter than a chick flick about two hours to make.  So adorable, I'm going to try to leave it up year-round.  I'm hoping the hubby just forgets it's there, and doesn't notice when it's July and the wreath is still hanging.  He doesn't love ruffly things quite as much as I do.  

So do you celebrate Valentine's Day?  Do you decorate for it?  Or do you just boycott it all around?   Pin It

1 comment:

  1. You are so crafty! These are really pretty. Perfect way to make the house a little more romantic and festive.

    ReplyDelete

I adore your comments, thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts with me! Don't forget - if you don't have your email address visible on your blogger profile, I won't be able to respond directly to you via email.

[Super-sweet reminder to family and friends: please refrain from mentioning the Hubby's name, school or our city. Thanks ;)]