2.12.2011

This is not what it appears to be


I know what these look like.  They look like flowers for Valentine's Day.  It looks like somebody broke the "no-flowers-on-Valentine's-Day" rule.  But you're sadly mistaken.   These indeed are not Valentine's flowers. 

Hubby gets home last night.  I'm in the kitchen, and as soon as he walks in, I hear that plastic-crinkly noise that only the wrapping on a bouquet makes.  Immediately, I'm ready to admonish the hubby for buying me something for Valentine's Day.  But before I can even get the words formed, he beats me to the punch.

"I know what you're thinking: These are NOT for Valentine's Day.  These are because you are an amazing wife, and it's been a really tough semester.  I'm so grateful for you."

What wife could even begin to pretend to be upset after that?



Beautiful.  Love my husband oh-so-much!  Hope you all enjoy your weekend!

3 comments:

  1. Awww!!! What a sweet hubby!

    It must be a tough time for a lot of students right now, because I recently got flowers as well for the same reason.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love what he said. That's amazing.

    ReplyDelete

I adore your comments, thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts with me! Don't forget - if you don't have your email address visible on your blogger profile, I won't be able to respond directly to you via email.

[Super-sweet reminder to family and friends: please refrain from mentioning the Hubby's name, school or our city. Thanks ;)]