4.03.2011

A blogging award?? For me???

Guess what??!  (If you read the title of this post, congratulations, you already know the answer).  I was awarded my very first ever blogging award!  


Kelsey over at Life As I Know It gave me this award - go check her out!  She's super sweet and completely adorable...and 100% more fashionable than me!   Thanks again, girl.  You kind-of-pretty-much made my day ;)

Here are the requirements to receive this award:
  1. Thank the person who gave you the award and link them back in your post.  {point!}
  2. Tell seven things about yourself. {point!}
  3. Award fifteen recently discovered new bloggers. {Half point.  So I failed at hitting 15.  I'm going to keep the award until the Blog Police come take it away}.
  4. Contact these bloggers and let them know they have received this award. {point!}

So.  Seven things about me, eh?  Well, get ready for random.
  1. I have never seen the movie Titanic in its' entirety.  Or Star Wars.
  2. My hair is thicker than anyone else's you've ever met.  I routinely break combs and have to try to find the little teeth that are lost in the mess of hair.
  3. I'm a (fair-weather) (deer) hunter. 
  4. I am a windshield wiper controller.  If they are going to slowly or too quickly or need to be shut off because they are making that disgusting squeaky noise across the windshield, I will tell you. 
  5. I never ever paint my fingernails because I have the worst habit in the world of picking it all off within hours.
  6. Finding out about those secret blog readers (yes, that's probably you!) that I didn't know read my blog and then confess to me that they do is very fun to me.  Then I harass those people to leave me comment-love, because we all love comments.  I pretty much comment on every post I read if I have something meaningful to say, because I know how much I love to receive them.  Also, I think it's mildly creepy when people read your blog routinely but never comment on it.  (I think that was more than one fact!).
  7. All of that being said, I find discussing MD School Mrs in real life to be a little awkward and strange.  Much like talking about Facebook is for real weird and shouldn't be done. 
And now to award some bloggy friends the Versatile Blogger Award!  Seriously, most of the blogs that I read have been around for years and years.  So I'm trying to only give this to "new" bloggers, like the rules state.  I figure anyone on here for about one year or less is new...right?? 
(Notice how I didn't number them in hopes that you wouldn't count them!).   Hope everyone is enjoying their weekend...so far we've had rain, snow, sleet, hail and thunderstorms in the area.  But there are multiple days with 50 degrees (!) in our long term forecast.  Bring it on, Spring.  Bring. It. On.

7 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for the award! I will get it up on my blog this week sometime!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on getting the award and thanks for passing it along!

    ReplyDelete
  3. love the post :) xoxo

    www.kelseyannesmith.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aw thank you! I've never received a blog award! I'm so excited! How do I get the button-y thing there? I'm so clueless about these things.

    I will do my award post soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. To get the button....all I did was right click and save the image onto my computer. It wasn't an actual link on Kelsey's blog, so that was all I could think to do. Hope that helps :)

    I truly do love reading all of everyone's posts!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Kelsey is one of my good friends! She's the greatest!
    xoxo,
    a fellow md school wife

    derekandbeccasmith.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I adore your comments, thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts with me! Don't forget - if you don't have your email address visible on your blogger profile, I won't be able to respond directly to you via email.

[Super-sweet reminder to family and friends: please refrain from mentioning the Hubby's name, school or our city. Thanks ;)]