5.04.2011

Cinco de Mayo: Fruit Salsa

Happy (almost) Cinco de Mayo!  I made this delicious fruit salsa tonight for our small group and it was an absolute hit.  Not a traditional Mexican Cinco de Mayo recipe, but yummy nevertheless!  And simple to boot.

Just chop:

 Cut:

Spray:


Sprinkle:

And serve:



Fruit Salsa with Cinnamon Sugar Chips
Salsa Ingredients
1-8oz. container blackberries
1 lb. strawberries
5 kiwis
3 Tbsp. honey
3 Tbsp. applesauce

Chip Ingredients
10 ten-inch tortillas
Cinnamon and sugar (couple of tablespoons, maybe?)
Cooking Spray

Directions
For the salsa: mix fruit in a bowl.  Combine applesauce and honey; pour over fruit.
For the chips: Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Cut the tortillas into wedges and place on baking tray.  Spray with cooking spray and sprinkle with cinnamon and sugar.  Bake for 10 minutes or until crisp.



The ingredients for this could be completely flexible, I'm sure.  It would be delicious with mango, pineapple, raspberries, apples...maybe strawberry jam instead of applesauce...I feel like the possibilities are endless!  I actually only put in half of the strawberries, since the other half didn't pass my berry standards (I have very high berry standards).  Can't wait for good produce...our farmer's market starts soon!

While I love Cinco de Mayo (as much as any person not from America would love our Independence Day), I am much more excited to be celebrating what the fifth of May is in our household: the Hubby's last exam of the semester!  Let The Week begin! :)
Share the yummy goodness!
Pin It

4 comments:

  1. my mouth is seriously watering. just bought some kiwis and strawberries from costco, i will have to go get the rest! lovely post!!!

    xoxo

    kelseyannesmith.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. p.s. thank you for your sweet comment on my blog! and happy cinco de mayO!!!!
    xoxo

    kelseyannesmith.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks delicious!

    I was happy to celebrate the last day of exams as well... I've been looking forward to this week for a while! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great recipe! I am a huge salsa fan and this would be so great for summer! Thank you for sharing it with us at Inspiration Friday!

    Heather

    ReplyDelete

I adore your comments, thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts with me! Don't forget - if you don't have your email address visible on your blogger profile, I won't be able to respond directly to you via email.

[Super-sweet reminder to family and friends: please refrain from mentioning the Hubby's name, school or our city. Thanks ;)]