6.30.2011

Med School Year One: Complete!

It's noon on June 30, 2011?  
Thirty-nine weeks of school, sixteen classes and fifty-three exams later...

MED SCHOOL YEAR ONE: COMPLETE!!

I am so unbelievably, undeniably, unequivocally proud of my husband and his drive, dedication, desire and determination to become Dr. Hubby.   He amazes me more each and every day.



Please note the lack of a countdown.  There's no "one year of med school down, three years to go" around here, because really, it would be (at least) six more years to (maximum-I hope!) nine more years to go to complete all of the Hubby's medical training.  That might be slightly disheartening.  So for now, we're just celebrating having one year under our belts!

I'm going to try to get the Hubby to give me some First Year Reflections to share with you.  It might take a few days though before he's up to complete any more homework assignments ;)  Until then, I'll be enjoying having just a husband around, instead of a med-student-husband!  

8 comments:

  1. WOOOOHOOOO! Congrats to you both! Let all the summery goodness begin! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay!!! Congrats on making it through the first year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay for your hubby (and you!) surviving first year! That is fantastic! Enjoy a little extra quality time :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. We're super proud of him (and of course you too). Love you both.
    Mom & Dad

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey there!

    Congrats on your husband finishing his first year of medical school. I found your blog through a printable you had on Pinterest and I was instantly interested because I'm married to a 3rd year med student!

    Hope you and your husband both find incredible blessings in the med school journey!

    Alexandra
    http://thefirstgradesweetlife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so sad I didn't find this earlier!! We are now in our first year of residency, and I specifically remember the last day of my hubby's first year of med school. Definitely celebrate those steps along the way. I love reading your blog! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

I adore your comments, thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts with me! Don't forget - if you don't have your email address visible on your blogger profile, I won't be able to respond directly to you via email.

[Super-sweet reminder to family and friends: please refrain from mentioning the Hubby's name, school or our city. Thanks ;)]