7.12.2011

Guest post from i---create!

Hi friends!  I'm so excited to have Abby from  i---create here doing a guest post today!  Abby is one super sweet talented gal with a cute-to-boot blog.  I know that you'll adore what she has in store for you today; I know I can't wait to try it out!  Be sure to head over to her blog and leave her some comment love! 

I am so excited to be here on MD School Mrs.!  On my blog I share crafts, tutorials, and recipes.  I also have a giveaway going on at my blog!

This is me!
Today I am sharing my famous recipe for making granola. Okay, okay, maybe it isn't famous, but it sure is delish!

Doesn't it look good?

Here's the recipe:

i---create Granola
Ingredients
8 cups rolled oats
1.5 cups wheat germ
1.5 cups oat bran
1 cup soy nuts (or sunflower seeds)
1 cup finely chopped pecans
1 cup finely chopped almonds
1 cup finely chopped walnuts
1 cup coconut
1.5 tsp. salt
3/4 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup pure maple syrup (the fake stuff works, too)
1 cup peanut butter
1 cup vegetable oil
2 Tbsp. ground cinnamon
1 Tbsp. vanilla
2 cups craisins or raisins (optional)

Directions
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.  Line two large baking sheets with parchment paper.
2. Combine the oats, wheat germ, oat bran, soy nuts, pecans, almonds, walnuts, and coconut in a large bowl. Stir together the remaining ingredients (except for the raisins) in a saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium heat, then pour over the dry ingredients, and stir to coat. Spread the mixture out evenly on the baking sheets.
3. Bake in the preheated oven until crispy and toasted, about 20 minutes. Stir once halfway through. Cool, then stir in the raisins or cranberries before storing in an airtight container.

Tips and tricks:
*You don't have to use the exact amount of nuts shown. I sometimes use more than needed if I want to use up a bag.
*To finely chop the nuts, just stick them in a food processor! Works much better than chopping with a knife.
*Take the granola out of the oven when it is still a little bit wet.  Keep in mind that it will clump together when it is out of the oven.

Granola is perfect for snacks and breakfast.  I enjoy mine like a bowl of cereal: with milk in the bottom! I also drink a glass of orange juice.  This granola keeps me full until lunch time with all of the protein it contains.


For storing I put it in a ziploc bags. I freeze half and leave the other half out to eat.

Thank you so much for having me and I hope you can give this recipe a try!

Thanks for joining us today Abby!  We loved having you ;)

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for this! I have been hunting for a yummy recipe and you were an answer to my wishes!
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I made the granola, I used molasses & honey instead of maple syrup. Delicious!!

    ReplyDelete

I adore your comments, thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts with me! Don't forget - if you don't have your email address visible on your blogger profile, I won't be able to respond directly to you via email.

[Super-sweet reminder to family and friends: please refrain from mentioning the Hubby's name, school or our city. Thanks ;)]