12.03.2011

Your German lesson for the day

In case you're unaware, the blogging world is mighty fabulous.  If you've ever considered starting a blog, I would seriously recommend it.  My blog friends literally all rock.  The Hubby might make fun of me, because sometimes I talk about them in real life, telling him who is pregnant and where someone's husband had a residency interview, etc. But I don't mind.  Because even though I don't technically KNOW them, I feel like I do.  They are all dear to me, in a completely non-creepy way.

Ready to learn German?  The word "dearest" in English is translated to "liebster" in German.  Why in the world am I telling you this?  Because the super sweet Lauren, who blogs over at The Army Doctor's Wife, was so kind as to give me and the MD School Mrs. blog the Liebster Blog Award!


This award is specifically for blogs with less than 200 followers (a category into which this blog easily falls).   If you'd never visited Lauren, I would *highly* recommend you head over there now.  Her hubs is an army doc (which you may have correctly guessed from the title of her blog), they recently moved across the country AND they are expecting their first baby!  I am so pumped for all of the excitement in her life...there is way more life action on her blog than on mine ;)  Thanks again Lauren!

So, in the spirit of good blogging etiquette and to keep the Liebster Award going to other deserving blogs... 

Here are the rules to pass this baby on:
1. Thank the giver and link back to the blogger who gave it to you.
2. Reveal your top five picks and let them know by leaving a comment on their blog.
3. Copy and paste the award on your blog.
4. Hope that the people you’ve sent the award to forward it to their five favorite bloggers and keep it going!

I'm passing the Liebster Award on to these dear ladies (why yes, I only read medical spouse blogs and craft blogs.  So be it!):
  • Selena, teacher and wife of a 2nd year med student, currently enduring a "weekend marriage."  Find her at Scott & Selena
  • Marisa, fiance of a 4th year med student who is currently applying for residency (and relaying all of the interview questions to us!).  Find her at Count on me for Life
  • Erika, wife of a resident in the process of applying for fellowships AND they are expecting their first babe, Gilroy (womb name only, don't worry).  Find her at Always Better Together
  • Cynthia, a crafting queen!  Get ready to swoon when you see her ruffled tree skirt!  Find her at Simply Chic Treasures
  • Katherine Anne, brand (BRAND) new mama to a beautiful baby boy and wife of a fourth year med student.  Find her at Medical School Mrs.
 Thanks for writing ladies; I love being a part of your lives ;)  Be sure to pass the award onto some of your favorites!

4 comments:

  1. That's great! I feel the same way about many of the blogs I follow. It's nice to know that someone else feels the need to classify it as "completely non-creepy."

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi MJ! I'm Jillian, I am getting my blog started and have been following yours since. Love seeing this community of med school wifes. How positive and uplifting you all are about the process. My hubby will "Lord willing" be finding out in the next few months where he will be going to med school. People always ask/tell me how daunting must it be, or "prepare yourself now", but I am just excited. Excited to get the long awaited journey started and excited to tackle the difficult stuff too. Anyways, wanted to introduce myself and tell you your blog rocks and I am so glad I found this lil community of gals! :)ooo and I have a few lil DIY things I'm going to blog about too, Excited!!! Just in time to the HOlidays, best DIYing time of the year, hehe

    ReplyDelete
  3. congradulations on the award! i enjoy reading your blog.i wanted to share this with you and your readers. i found it helpful. everyone can use a reminder now and then.

    http://www.danoah.com/2011/11/im-christian-unless-youre-gay.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, MJ! That was very nice of you! :)

    PS... I would wrap your presents anytime. ;)

    ReplyDelete

I adore your comments, thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts with me! Don't forget - if you don't have your email address visible on your blogger profile, I won't be able to respond directly to you via email.

[Super-sweet reminder to family and friends: please refrain from mentioning the Hubby's name, school or our city. Thanks ;)]