2.10.2012

Oil Cleansing Method

Okay friends - who among you has heard of the Oil Cleansing Method (OCM) for washing your face?  I keep hearing about it in random places all over blog-land, and while I am intrigued by it, I'm also mildly terrified of it.  (If you want the full synoposis of what it is, check out this post by Crunchy Betty).  Basically, it entails using a combination of oils to wash your face.  We're talking oil like natural and organic olive, grapeseed, jojoba or castor oil here, folks, not some synthetic oil created in some lab somewhere.  

I've struggled with dry skin before, and I thought that I'd found the solution - using the same face cream that my grandmother used to use!  But this winter, it hasn't been doing the trick as well as I'd like.  Buying expensive beauty products is not in our budget, and I rather like the idea of using a natural cleanser which moisturizes your skin at the same time.  

So my plea: does anyone use the OCM, or do you know of anyone that has?  If so, did they have any terrible response to using oil on their face?   I just don't want to try this and have my skin react poorly...I know I could read through hundreds of comments on the dozens of blogs that have mentioned the OCM, but if someone I know (or "know") has tried OCM, I'll feel a lot more comfortable trying it!

Thanks, you lovely people!

4 comments:

  1. I haven't used the oil cleansing method, but after I wash my face I mix a small amount of baby oil gel into my moisturizer. I have very sensitive skin but it doesn't make me break out. I think it just provides extra moisture! I've been doing it for several years and it's such a good trick. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. MJ! This is your crazy hippie cousin, so of course I've tried this! haha I did not have the best results with it honestly. I'm not sure if I never got the proportions right or if I was using an oil that didn't quite click with my skin (I used Olive oil and castor). But I have found this Burt's Bees face wash that has been wonderful for my skin! It's called the Orange Essence facial cleanser, and it's basically composed of a bunch of oils, so it's the same idea as the OCM but with a formula already made up. It's a little pricy, but it lasts for forever because you don't need to use a lot. I've also been using just a little jajoba oil with some lavender and tea tree essential oil as lotion, which is glorious. Anyway, if you have any questions about that feel free to ask :) Hope that was helful!
    Rach

    ReplyDelete
  3. i've tried cleansing oils like shu uemura and they worked really well! all my makeup would come off really easily without extra tugging or effort. good luck!

    ReplyDelete

I adore your comments, thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts with me! Don't forget - if you don't have your email address visible on your blogger profile, I won't be able to respond directly to you via email.

[Super-sweet reminder to family and friends: please refrain from mentioning the Hubby's name, school or our city. Thanks ;)]