3.01.2012

The Changing Face of Coupon Users

Couponers are a hot topic lately.  According to the article titled Well-Off, Educated and Tech Savvy: The New Couponer, "Households with incomes of $100,000 or more are twice as likely to coupon as those who earn less than $35,000. College-degree holders are also twice as likely to use coupons as those who did not graduate from high school."

Do you suppose that the above is true because people who earn more money feel the need to be more careful with their income?  Being completely a little frugal myself, I just found it a rather interesting read.

4 comments:

  1. I saw that stat too and thought it was really interesting. I think you may be right about people wanting to be more careful with their income... I think I also read somewhere (can't remember where) that people with more education have a higher likelihood of couponing. I guess it all just goes together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just feel smarter knowing that I paid less for something than I have to :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad I came across your blog! I'm married to a second year med student and I recently started reading random med school wives blogs that all seem to be somewhat negative. I'm excited to be a new follower of yours :) Love all the craftiness and recipes!

    -Charlene
    www.becomingthebarrs.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Welcome, Charlene! Always good to meet another med-wife! I'll swing by your site soon :)

    ReplyDelete

I adore your comments, thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts with me! Don't forget - if you don't have your email address visible on your blogger profile, I won't be able to respond directly to you via email.

[Super-sweet reminder to family and friends: please refrain from mentioning the Hubby's name, school or our city. Thanks ;)]