4.28.2012

Ladies and Gentlemen, we have a schedule!

My husband received his year three clinical schedule!  It wasn't his first pick for order of preference for doing his rotations, but it's not terrible by any means.  He's with a good group of his peers as well - students he gets along with well and are low-drama...win win!  Without further ado, our life in two short months: 

June 25-28: Orientation
July 2-August 24: Ob/Gyn
August 27-October 19: Pediatrics
October 22-December 14: Psychiatry
December 15-Januray 6: Winter Break
Januray 7-March 1: Internal Medicine
March 4-April 26: Jr. Surgery
April 27-May 5: Spring Break
May 6-June 28: Family Medicine
June 29-July 7: Summer Break

He'll be jumping in with both feet for Ob/Gyn.  I'm ridiculously excited because I have a good friend who will be having a baby at the end of June...if she's just a week over her due date, there's a chance my husband could be in her delivery room!  (which is, obviously, mildly awkward and something that neither she nor my husband would be comfortable with...).  

The practice boards last weekend were lovely...It was half the length of the full exam, so (only) four hours.  They got their scores back, and can now use them to tweak their "Intensive Study Period" schedules.  Until then, my husband is finishing up his final domain for MS2, which is GI.  He's learning about all sorts of squishy and yucky things, resulting in our listening to Goljan's diarrhea lectures as we drove to meet my family for dinner this past week - lovely.  He also had his Gateway Exam this week, which consisted of five patients (cardiac, infant, neuro, abdomen and a mystery) he had to interview, examine and write up.  He enjoyed it and received good reviews, but said it was exhausting.  

Aside from that, life is pretty normal - I so wish I could show you what I've been sewing, but the recipient is a reader of this blog.....so I probably shouldn't ;)

Oh, and there are snowflakes in our vicinity right now.  This is what we get for 80 degrees in March!  Hope you all enjoy your weekend!  

6 comments:

  1. Snowflakes?! Don't send them to Detroit!

    I think Andy had Surgery, IM, Psych, Peds, OB, Family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh sunshine. You are a breath of fresh air in the world of jejunum to sphincter! Haha love you

    ReplyDelete
  3. Snowflakes?!? Ahh! I dont think I'm ready for that! And yay for the 3rd year schedule and double yay he gets some breaks!! Derek's sister got married right after
    Christmas so we luckily had a few days exused to miss it, but some students didn't have any!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Huzzah for getting your schedule!

    Boo for snowflakes!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Exciting to get the schedule... And having low-drama fellow rotators is definitely a perk :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Schedule looks busy. It will be worth it in the end, so may the Lord continue to bless the both of you with strength!

    ReplyDelete

I adore your comments, thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts with me! Don't forget - if you don't have your email address visible on your blogger profile, I won't be able to respond directly to you via email.

[Super-sweet reminder to family and friends: please refrain from mentioning the Hubby's name, school or our city. Thanks ;)]