6.16.2012

USMLE Step 1 - Complete!

AFTER I PRESS SUBMIT ON THE USMLE:

#whatshouldwecallmedschool

Five weeks of intensive studying (400+ hours!) were condensed into eight hours and 322 questions today.  My husband has officially completed the Step 1!  I'm endlessly proud of his dedication and determination.  We should get his results in the next month or so, but I'm confident that he did well! 

The Step 1 is pretty much the most important test he's ever taken.  This single test, in essence, determines the rest of our life: a ton of weight is placed on Step 1 scores for granting residency interviews ---> where you do residency interviews directly impacts where you'll be placed to live, work and complete your training ---> many residents stay in the general vicinity of their hospital once they've completed their training ---> that, obviously, impacts the rest of one's medical career, and thus, entire life!

On a side note - do you think I sent enough food along with him to take his test? 


We won't talk about how much or how little of that was consumed ;)  If "food" was a love language, it would be mine!

Should you need my husband sometime in the next week, you'll find him in a hammock somewhere, incredibly relaxed ;)

6 comments:

  1. WOOOOOOO, that feels good for both of you, doesn't it?! Hope you're doing something fun together in the break before rotations start!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats to your hubby (and you!) for surviving step 1 exam. I bet he did great. I LOVE the fact that you sent him with an entire grocery store worth of snacks. So sweet :)

    I hope he gets some much needed rest and relaxation... and you enjoy getting to see him with his nose NOT in a book :)

    Congrats again!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh, that's so much food, MJ! Haha!

    ReplyDelete
  4. CONGRATULATIONS!! I'm sure he smashed the NBME and their silly little test! Hope you and the hubby get some quality relaxing time! :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. YAY! Congratulations to YOU and your husband! What a massive accomplishment, for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  6. CONGRATS!!! Enjoy your break!

    ReplyDelete

I adore your comments, thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts with me! Don't forget - if you don't have your email address visible on your blogger profile, I won't be able to respond directly to you via email.

[Super-sweet reminder to family and friends: please refrain from mentioning the Hubby's name, school or our city. Thanks ;)]