12.11.2012

Cranberry Orange Walnut Bread

Nothing says Christmas like cranberries, right?  I made this quick cranberry nut bread for Thanksgiving, and it was a hit.  Not overly sweet, yet not too tart and a lovely light orange flavor.  It would be the perfect addition to your Christmas menu.


Plus, I mean, it's practically healthy.  It's got cranberries and orange zest in it! 




Cranberry Orange Walnut Bread
(adapted from Ocean Spray) 
Ingredients
2 cups flour
1 cup sugar
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
3/4 cup orange juice
Zest of one orange
2 tablespoons shortening
1 egg, well beaten
1 1/2 cups chopped cranberries

3/4 cup chopped walnuts

Directions
Preheat oven to 350ºF. Grease a 9 x 5-inch loaf pan.

Mix together flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and baking soda in a medium mixing bowl. Stir in orange juice, orange peel, shortening and egg. Mix until well blended. Stir in cranberries and nuts. Spread evenly in loaf pan.

Bake for 55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool on a rack for 15 minutes. Remove from pan; cool completely. 

 


Slice it up and serve it to your family & friends!  Fourteen days until Christmas! (somebody named MJ better get crafting....)


I'll be sharing this yummy recipe with my favorite link parties this week.  Join in the fun!

2 comments:

  1. I am in the same boat! I need to finish making my Christmas gifts asap. I always have such good intentions of getting things done early. lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds great! Thanks for sharing at Bacon Time.

    ReplyDelete

I adore your comments, thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts with me! Don't forget - if you don't have your email address visible on your blogger profile, I won't be able to respond directly to you via email.

[Super-sweet reminder to family and friends: please refrain from mentioning the Hubby's name, school or our city. Thanks ;)]