1.24.2013

Amazon Prime for Students

Does everyone here know about the benefits that students can receive from Amazon?  If you don't, you should, and you should have your favorite student go sign up.  
 
Amazon Prime has many perks, but our two favorites are access to instant streaming to movies and TV series (decent ones, too!  We've recently started watching Parenthood - which is a terrible idea if you're pregnant.  It's an awesome perk for all of us who've axed cable service to save some money) and free 2-day shipping on eligible items (which is basically everything, unless it's sold by some obscure seller).

Amazon Prime for employed people is regularly $79 a year, but students always get a discounted price of $39 a year.  It's worth it right there for the free 2-day shipping.  But right now, when students sign up, they get their first 6 months free!  If you sign up for Amazon Prime for students and realize you're not utilizing it enough, you can just cancel before the end of your six months and not be charged a dime.

To sign up for Amazon Prime for students, you'll need to use an email address ending in .edu, and enter things like your school, graduation year, major, etc.

We've had Amazon Prime for students since just before Christmas my husband's first year of med school, and we honestly have used it more than I anticipated, for everything from his books to buying Christmas presents.  I'm pretty certain that we'll have it long after he's done being a student (which apparently does happen at some point, right?).

Any questions, just ask away!

6 comments:

  1. WE LOVE AMAZON PRIME. So (SO!) worth it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Can't quite imagine life without it. Which is lame, but true ;)

      Delete
  2. I'm jealous they didn't have this when Peter was still a student... but my sister is currently in med school and takes full advantage of it (like sometimes when she's too busy studying to go out she even orders toilet paper, which arrives next day!) and occasionally I borrow her login info :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love that your sister uses it to buy TP...true med student right there! Did you know you can be added to her account? You can have up to four people/addresses on your Prime account :)

      Delete
  3. I hear so many people talking about this. I'm shocked I haven't signed up for it. I think the deterrent for me was that there is a fee. Seeing xyz free for x amount of months is an instant don't look for me. LOL. But reading your post I think I'll have to check it out. Glad I came across your blog on Medical Mondays!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, you should check it out! We love it. And you really can cancel before your free trial is over, but you probably won't... ;)

      Delete

I adore your comments, thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts with me! Don't forget - if you don't have your email address visible on your blogger profile, I won't be able to respond directly to you via email.

[Super-sweet reminder to family and friends: please refrain from mentioning the Hubby's name, school or our city. Thanks ;)]