2.02.2013

DIY Fort Kit

Confession: What I'm about to show you I have been meaning to do for about a month.  We've got three little boys in our life - two are nephews and one is the son of a dear friend.  In case you haven't noticed, boys of that age aren't the easiest to please in the gift department.  I'm a big fan of homemade gifts, but what in the world can one make for a seven year old boy that isn't super lame in the eyes of said boy? 


Their very own fort kits!  What little (or big) boy (or girl) doesn't love to build forts?  Inspiration comes from Saltwater Kids.


Their kits included a flat sheet with loops and ties, clips, clamps, rope and a flashlight.  Aside from the sheet, the other items came from Dollar Tree.  The sheets were on mega clearance (thanks, Target!), and I made super simple drawstring bags to keep all of the parts of the kit together.  So not only were they awesome, they also didn't break the budget! 

We gifted two fort kits at Christmas, and one at a birthday.  Let me tell you, if we had any other youngins in our life that would enjoy these, I'd be making them!  

I'll be sharing this DIY Fort Kit with these fun link parties this week! 

7 comments:

  1. This is adorable, thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Elle! Adorable and simple, the perfect combo ;)

      Delete
  2. I love this! This is totally what I'm giving the nieces/nephews for Christmas this year (I like to get Christmas shopping done early, obviously...). Thanks for the great idea!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Seriously girl, just look for clearance sheets whenever you're at Target (I mean, if you happen to go before Christmas, ha!).

      Delete
  3. This is such a fabulous idea! I used to love making dens when I was little - it was the best thing about the Summer holidays - making a den out of a sheet and then filling it with pillows and toys and playing there all day! Thanks for the great idea - I am pinning!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We did the same thing with "tents" :) Thanks so much for visiting, and for pinning!

      Delete
  4. Show and Tell Saturday is LIVE at Sassy Little Lady! I’d love to have you come join the party!

    http://www.sassylittlelady.com/blog/show-and-tell-saturday/show-and-tell-saturday-3

    Kathie

    ReplyDelete

I adore your comments, thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts with me! Don't forget - if you don't have your email address visible on your blogger profile, I won't be able to respond directly to you via email.

[Super-sweet reminder to family and friends: please refrain from mentioning the Hubby's name, school or our city. Thanks ;)]