3.29.2013

Second trimester = Finito

Well folks, we've made it through the second trimester.  We're officially 29 weeks (and a day, but who's counting?).  

Here are my second trimester necessities:

image source
The Snoogle Pillow.  I actually have a love/hate relationship with this thing.  I love it because there is about a 0.01% chance of me sleeping in the recommended position of lying on your left side without it.  It really is so much more comfortable for me to sleep using it.  The hate portion comes in to play when I want to roll over to my right side (the second recommended position for sleeping whilst pregnant).  I'm always so tangled up in the thing that I have to wake up to roll over.  Not that I wouldn't wake up soon anyway for a bathroom run...

image source
 A humidifier (this is not the one we have but I couldn't find a picture on my first search and that was about all of the effort I felt like putting forth).  The dry winter air wreaked havoc on my skin, but more notably, on my nose.  So, so dry.

image source
Related to the above, I have used more tissues since becoming pregnant than I thought possible.  No one told me about this side effect of pregnancy, but I will tell you: You blow your nose a ton.  And you get some crime-scene worthy used tissues.  Same goes for when flossing and brushing your teeth - you might end up with a crime-scene sink.  


image source
I'm a fan of this pregnancy book. 


 Hello, back & round ligament pain.  You were an unwelcome guest during the second trimester.  I'm not a huge fan of taking medicine, so I relied heavily on my rice heating pad.  


image source
But sometimes, it didn't cut it, and I had to drug up with the only pain remedy allowed during pregnancy - Tylenol (or the Meijer knock off!).


image source
Is Palmer's Cocoa Butter Lotion actually preventing me from getting any stretch marks?  I don't know, but I'm going to keep rubbing it on, just to make myself feel better.  

So there you have it - second trimester necessities.  And, so you don't have to ask, here's a "welcome to the third trimester" bump picture:


Eight weeks until full term, eleven until our due date!  Now, if only there was anything in our apartment to signify that we were, indeed, going to have a child. 

10 comments:

  1. Yay for third trimester! You are getting there! Your baby bump is so cute!

    While I admire Tylenol is its fever-reducing qualities, I'm not a believer as a pain reliever. Although I still take it whenever I really need something because it is the only baby-legal option. Advil is probably the thing I miss more than anything else in pregnancy.

    P.S. Your poor nose... Sounds like it has been a rough few months for it :)\=

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Erika! I totally agree that Tylenol is a sub-par pain reliever...but what can you do?

      Delete
  2. YAY. Keep praying for your bubs. Happy Easter MJ!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Karen! Happy Easter to you too :)

      Delete
  3. Congratulations on your entrance to trimester #3! Off topic, but in your picture you look just like Rachel McAdams in The Vow.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks and thanks! I'll take a Rachel McAdams look-a-like compliment! ;)

      Delete
  4. You're on the home stretch!! Pregnancy looks great on you, I'm glad it's going so well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks much Meredith! The home stretch....hearing that is both exciting and terrifying ;)

      Delete
  5. You are the absolute cutest. I love it!! Happy 3rd trimester!!!

    ReplyDelete

I adore your comments, thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts with me! Don't forget - if you don't have your email address visible on your blogger profile, I won't be able to respond directly to you via email.

[Super-sweet reminder to family and friends: please refrain from mentioning the Hubby's name, school or our city. Thanks ;)]