4.01.2013

The bright side of surgery


You know what my most favorite thing about surgery is?

image source

Yes.  Scrubs.

Don't get me wrong - the concept kind of grosses me out, particularly when they are brought into our home.  But you know what I love about scrubs?  I don't have to wash them, and more importantly, I don't have to iron them.  Not looking at a pile like this awaiting ironing every week is super appealing:


I'm either a perfectionist or the world's slowest iron-er (or both), because ironing takes me for-ev-er.  So long, in fact, that I started to wonder if I could potentially stop ironing the sleeves and backs of my husband's shirts, since they are under his white coat all day anyway.  Tempting, but I never did.  

Any other bright sides to surgery that I'm missing??

Happy Medical Mondays!  Join in the fun and meet some other medical friends :)

10 comments:

  1. Thanks for linking up with Medical Mondays today! I second that - scrubs are awesome:-) I am sure there are some other brights sides, but this is a good one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Scrubs are so awesome....as long as the ones worn home are stripped off by the door!

      Delete
  2. Happy Medical Monday! Hubs hasn't done surgery yet but I loathe ironing and I actually think there must be something I'm doing wrong because I am so bad/slow at it

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I honestly don't even understand how it takes me so long!

      Delete
  3. Dry Cleaning!!! Hubby is in endo and there is no way I would iron!! LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Someday....we are way too cheap for that right now though! ;)

      Delete
  4. Linking up from MM, thanks for the post! Too bad we aren't near each other, we could swap, laundry for ironing, I love to iron!! :-)

    Laura

    http://www.doctorspouses.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for joining Medical Mondays!

    I used to have to wash scrubs. UGH and ugh!!! At our new hospital they get washed there and I LOVE IT!!! I feel spoiled now! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Scrubs are definitely one of the huge perks - and now that my hubby is at a children's hospital, they are a little more casual and he doesn't even wear suits for clinic anymore - so he can wear a no-wrinkle button up with khakis! Yay - I iron like once every few months now, but I'm definitely like you, when I had to iron it took FOREVER!

    ReplyDelete
  7. YES! Derek wears scrubs every day and I love it. Except, this month..he is on Infectous Disease & its back to dress clothes. BLAH. So over ironing already...... HAHA!

    ReplyDelete

I adore your comments, thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts with me! Don't forget - if you don't have your email address visible on your blogger profile, I won't be able to respond directly to you via email.

[Super-sweet reminder to family and friends: please refrain from mentioning the Hubby's name, school or our city. Thanks ;)]