(Sorry for the overload of baby & pregnancy related posts. It's kind of the only thing on my mind right now!)
I really haven't minded being pregnant. Honestly. Aside from the nearly constant first trimester nausea, it's really not been bad. I would almost daresay that I've been enjoying it. I'm still quite comfortable, am sleeping decently well (most nights - some are torture though), and have the energy to do pretty much whatever I want.
That being said, as our due date rapidly approaches, I've started to consider the things that I'm looking forward to post-delivery. Of course, meeting our firstborn child, finding out if we have a son or a daughter, introducing the kiddo to our friends and family, and figuring out what the heck we are doing as parents all make the list. But there are also some rather selfish things that I'm looking forward to post-babe:
With regards to clothing:
|jeans image source / tee shirts image source|
- wearing pants with a zipper. Zipping said zipper.
- I've been told you don't leave the hospital wearing your normal clothes ;) So I'll start small: wearing my own tee-shirts...not that my husbands aren't lovely to sleep in, but I really do miss mine.
|sleeping image source|
- having something cuter than my bladder wake me up 3-5 times in the middle of the night.
- rolling over in bed without feeling like I need to lift and support my stomach to do so.
- sleeping on my stomach, or my back. Basically any way but on my left side!
|sushi image source / wine image source / sub image source|
- wine (that bottle in particular).
- as much cold deli meat as I want without being paranoid that I'm poisoning our baby.
|grocery image source / silhouette image source / spray paint image source|
- it not being socially acceptable for anyone to make any comments about my size or weight.
- lifting things without people asking if/telling me it's too heavy. Related - going back to carrying all of our groceries for the week up to our third floor apartment in one trip. The day when I was carrying 10lbs of grapefruit, 4lbs of oranges and 5lbs of potatoes, along with everything else for the week was when I realized that perhaps I was in excess of that silly 20 pound limit.
- bending over without feeling like I could potentially topple over.
- spray painting. Odd, I know, but I like
the smell of spray paintto spray paint often, and my husband has pretty limited time and patience to paint all of my projects for me!
We're down to two days until our due date (Thursday). Just throwing it out there, I'm pretty certain this little one is quite content right where they are, and I'm absolutely expecting to go well past our due date. I asked my OB how long she'd let me go over prior to inducing...she informed me that she just delivered a woman at 42 weeks! So at most, we've got 16 days left before we become a family of three.
Is there anything that you experienced moms out there can advise me to be doing in these last few days(weeks) pre-baby? Aside from sleeping as much as possible, that is ;) I've got as many meals in our tiny freezer as I can fit, my mom-in-law got me a pedicure yesterday (yes!), and my hospital bag (fine, bags) are as packed as they're going to get before heading to the hospital. Any other last minute preparations that you'd recommend?