Growth & Looks
No official updates on size, but we are in 6-9 month clothing, and it is fitting rather well. There's still rolls on top of rolls on this baby ;)
Liam's rat tail is reforming (drat!) and his hair appears to be channeling Conan's a little more every day (see picture below). It's just so fluffy and long on top! It only lays flat when wet and brushed, which lasts about 2 minutes (see picture above). Blue eyes are here to stay, I believe.
Still teeth-free, though we are pretty sure he's actually teething now (similar to the last few months when we were also pretty sure he was actually teething).
|He's not always naked, but he does rather enjoy it!|
We were making progress. Then we went on a vacation that included a trip to the ER and a sickness that is still lingering, twice-nightly feedings ("nursing is the best thing you can do for a sick baby"), coupled with lots of coddling by grandparents. Last night, he was only awake twice for about 90 minutes total. This is a huge improvement over the last two weeks.
Liam normally takes a good nap in the morning (about 1.5-2 hours) followed by an early afternoon nap of 45 minutes and a catnap of 30-45 minutes in the late afternoon. Some days though he's a stinker (such as this morning) and only does 45 minutes in the morning too. He would nap for 2 hours twice a day in his swing, but he can't nap in his swing forever, so we stopped letting him. Which stinks for me and my level of productivity, but welcome to motherhood.
|Getting ready to eat sweet potatoes in the same highchair as his daddy did when he was a baby!|
Liam's still not a huge fan of real people food, aside from cinnamon oatmeal and carrots. We have fruit mid-morning (pears or apples, and introducing bananas this week), veggies early afternoon (squash, sweet potatoes or carrots, introducing green beans this week) and his beloved cinnamon oatmeal before bed. He literally smacks his lips in anticipation for each bite of oatmeal and will start whining if we take too long in between bites ;)
Child's still refusing bottles. We left him with his grandparents for a day and he only had half of one bottle the whole day we were gone. Stubborn much?
|Bird watching at Grandma and Grandpa's house|
- Liam officially loves his feet, and can put them in his mouth, which is both cute and gross.
- Fine motor skills are improving, and Liam has a love of tags. Why in the world did I cut off the tags from most of his toys?? He loves to put them in his mouth and rub them between his fingers.
- Textures are also very intriguing. When being held sitting down, Liam loves to scratch his fingers on the back of chairs. He still also loves his dad's beard for the same reason.
- Baby loves peek-a-boo like nobody's business. He will belly laugh, which is beyond adorable.
- Related to the above, Liam likes anticipation and surprise. A toy being bounced across the floor to him will bring squeals of delight.
- Driving golf carts ;)
- The world is a drum and Liam will beat on it. The table, our hands, his booster seat tray, that toy on the floor...if it sits still, Liam will pound his hands on it.
- We think we've discovered some of Liam's sign language. We're pretty sure that face grabbing means "I love you" and when he rubs his head with the back of his hands it means he wants his mama (alternatively a sign for hunger!).
- Liam's current favorite activities include bouncing in his jumperoo, sitting on the floor (unsupported for long periods of time until he gets tired and flings himself backwards - thank goodness for piles of pillows!), pulling out every toy from his basket (I'm trying to convince him that it's just as much fun to put them back into the basket, but he's not buying it), and
chewing onreading books. He's also taken to lunging for far away objects, which is fine when hands are there to catch him, but he's wound up in a couple of hairy situations (aka laying face down in a pile of toys).
- Liam had his first Christmas...and we had our first feeling of needing a bigger apartment ;)
- Discovery of consonants on January 7. We've been waiting for those adorable dadadas and since figuring out how to make his tongue do that, he hasn't stopped jabbering. So cute.
- First trip to Florida...here's before his first toe-dip in the pool
- First trip to the ER, also on January 7. While in Florida, we were awoken to a terrifying sound of Liam gasping and not able to take a breath. Upon listening to his chest, my husband decided a trip to urgent care was in order (as he was kicking himself for not bringing his stethoscope...a normal item on vacation packing list right?). Unfortunately, urgent care was closed so we hightailed it to the ER. While in triage, I quickly dropped that my husband was finishing medical school, and we were promptly whisked back to a room. Liam received a nebulizer treatment and shot of steroids. Poor baby. He was sick the rest of our trip.